-Funnel Cake Pitcher
-Funnel Cake Ring
-Funnel Cake Recipe
Funnel Cake Utensils
The Pennsylvania Dutch Treat
There are a few things a beginner at funnel cake making should know.
· Do not crowd cakes in the hot fat. Just do a few at a time so the heat of
the frying pan is not lessened.
· If you are using a regular funnel, be sure the tube opening is at least
5/8". You'll need to use your finger to keep the tube closed and to control
the flow, when using a regular funnel.
· Practice funneling the dough.
· Partially fill funnel cake pitcher, hold it over the hot fat and pour to
make shapes like sticks, circles, spirals or whatever shape you like.
· Fry the cakes on one side, turn and fry on other side until golden brown.
· Drain on brown paper.
· Dust with confectioner's sugar and enjoy while still warm.
||Funnel Pitcher, 3.5 Cup
Measures 28 oz,
5.5" high at funnel mouth,
3.5" diameter base,
9.5" long from mouth to handle,
Heavy flexible plastic,
Made in China
Among other things, ideal for filling muffin pans and pouring batter
into molded bakeware.
||Funnel Cake Pitcher
Discontinued by manufacturer;
looking for new source
|1 qt capacity,
4-1/4" diameter base,
1/2" diameter pouring spout,
Filling side angled at approx. 45°,
Rounded handle angled for easier pouring,
Heavy gauge heat-resistant nylon
Made in USA
||8" Funnel Cake Ring
Heavy 18 gauge stainless steel,
Joint welded seamless design
Funnel Cakes Recipe
2 cups milk
2 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
½ teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon sugar, if desired
Mix together milk and eggs.
Sift together flour, baking powder, salt and sugar.
Combine with milk mixture.
Beat to make smooth.
Test dough for proper consistency.
If it runs out of funnel too quickly, it is too thin and needs a little more
If it flows too slowly, it is too thick and needs a little more milk.