Where We Ship
We ship exclusively to Street Addresses and Post Office Boxes in the USA.
We will ship your online order free of charge under the following conditions:
- Minimum $59.00 in merchandise per destination
- Destination must be within the 48 contiguous states of the USA
- Regular (Ground) handling only
- Orders for normal consumer household use and gift giving
- Not applicable on items that are described with surcharges such as "Additional Shipping"
- Not applicable on charges relating to Shipping Redirection, Refusal, and other unauthorized changes
- Not applicable on *larger quantities than normal for consumer household use or gift giving
- Not applicable for cost prohibitive shipments
To street addresses and to P.O. Boxes
|Order Total||48 States||AK & HI|
|May not apply on items marked for surcharges||Up to $15||$9.95||$19.95|
Mail & Fax Orders
Higher shipping charges apply if you order via fax or mail, as noted on the Order Form.
We will try to accommodate orders for large quantities, however they may be subject to the actual UPS or USPS shipping charges we would incur based on excess weight and bulk.
For unauthorized changes after your order is shipped, see Service Charges, below.
When will you receive your order?
Within 1-2 weeks, during most of the year, depending on your distance from our Philadelphia warehouse. Always check the shipping info at the top of our product pages.
Items unexpectedly out of stock are shipped when they become available. For regular handling, we ship in one shipment when everything in your order is available.
During the Christmas season there are usually delays. Check the shipping info at the top of our product pages.
Big orders may take longer. Orders for larger quantities than usually purchased for personal use, orders for large and bulky items (especially to Alaska, Hawaii and the West Coast areas), and orders that are shipped directly from the factory (as marked), may take longer, based on availability and carrier logistics. Contact us before you place your order if quick shipping is crucial.
When will you receive your order?
Usually within 5 business days from the date you place your order, as long as it reaches us before 3:00 p.m. Eastern Time.
* During the peak holiday season, carrier delays beyond our control may add 1-2 days to this schedule.
If, for some reason, we are unable to ship your order within the Priority Handling time frame, we will advise you and you have the option of canceling your order, or having it shipped through our Regular Handling service at those lesser charges.
Note: With this service, you are paying for the work involved in processing your order separately and ahead of normal sequence, and for any extra shipping charge we must pay to get your order delivered within the promised time frame. Some items just can't be delivered within 5 business days, so they are excluded from this service.
When We Ship
All orders are generally processed and shipped as quickly as possible, and usually within a few days of receipt. You will be advised by e-mail as soon as possible if we are unable to process and ship your order for any reason.
Item requested not in stock
If we don't expect its arrival within a week, we will notify you as soon as possible and let you make the decision to:
- Ship the item when we receive it, or
- You can ask us to notify you when we receive the item, or
- You can cancel the item or the order.
Bulky and Special-Order items
Items designated to be shipped from the manufacturer's facilities are usually shipped in 1-2 weeks.
Orders for larger quantities than usually purchased for personal use may be delayed if we do not have the desired quantity in stock. Contact us in advance when timing is important.
We will ship about 10 business days after your check or money order, to allow enough time for your check to be cleared for payment by your bank.
Gift Certificate and Store Credit
When using as payment for your order, we will place your order in line for shipping when we receive those documents from you.
Mid-November to mid-January, shipping times will take longer, due to heavy volume.
Order early to avoid the rush, and to avoid disappointment if the items you desire sell out fast.
How We Ship
Regular Handling orders are shipped UPS Ground or USPS Priority. Large and bulky orders are usually shipped by UPS Ground or USPS Parcel Post.
Some products are designated on our pages as shipping directly from manufacturers or distributors, who may use UPS, or FedEx or a private carrier (trucking company).
Your signature may be required upon delivery, at the carrier's discretion. Their criteria is generally based on the value of the product being delivered, and their liability experience in your neighborhood.
Most carriers will give you the option of authorizing them to re-deliver without your signature, however we don't recommend this because it would mean you accept full responsibility without recourse if the package is stolen from your doorstep. Instead, we recommend that you designate, when placing your order, to deliver to your workplace or to a neighbor, or that you pick up the package at the carrier's local facility.
Your order is insured when we ship it. To assure complete coverage (so you can get quick replacement of undelivered orders and products damaged during delivery), we do not relieve the carrier of responsibility until we know that you received your order. Therefore, we do not honor requests for delivery without a signature.
Tracking Your Order
If you ordered online, you will be notified by e-mail when your order is shipped. A Tracking Link will be provided in that email, so you can check on the anticipated delivery date.
(When we ship via UPS, the e-mail will come from UPS Quantum View.)
Note: Some items, especially large ones, are designated to be shipped directly from the manufacturer's facilities, and their tracking information may not be immediately available. There may be a delay between the time you receive the confirmation e-mail and the availability of tracking information . Check the tracking link again in a day or so, to allow the carriers to update their package information database and online tracking services.
If you miss delivery:
- The carrier will leave a notice informing you of the next delivery attempt, the location where you can pick it up, and if the package requires a signature.
- The carrier may leave the package without a signature at their discretion, since they are the ones who insure the package.
- If you miss delivery and you authorize the carrier to leave your order without a signature, you do so at your own risk, since you will then be responsible for the products being delivered and in good condition. We urge you to refrain from doing this.
- If you authorize the Carrier (UPS or USPS) to deliver to a different address, you will incur a handlind charge.
- If you miss delivery, you can usually arrange to pick up your order at the Post Office or UPS customer center (depending on how your order was shipped).
Delivery address changes after your order is shipped
- UPS charges $15.60 for corrections to the delivery after the order is shipped. This includes when the recipient does not provide the apartment, unit or suite number in the address, when the recipient changes/corrects the address after an unsuccessful delivery attempt, when we have to request that they intercept a package in transit to make address changes/corrections, and when a change is requested to the scheduled delivery date.
- UPS also charges for any additional shipping costs incurred in getting your order to its revised destination.
If you give us a delivery address that is incorrect and the order is returned to us, you will not be reimbursed for the original shipping charge, you will be charged for the cost we incur for return shipping, and you will be charged for the cost we incur to re-deliver to the corrected address you give us.
If you refuse to accept delivery without prior authorization from us, you will not be reimbursed for the original shipping charge, and you will be charged for the cost we incur for return shipping. (If there was no original charge for shipping, you will be charged for both shipping and return costs.)
Return Label Re-Issue
If you don't retrieve an electronic prepaid return label within the 10 days after we notify you of its availability, or if you lose a prepaid return label, and we have to re-issue it, we will charge you $2 for its re-issuance. The charge is intended to reimburse us for the additional charge we incur from the carrier.
Return to Sender
If the Carrier is not able to deliver due to an incorrect or incomplete address, or because no one is available to receive the package and it is not picked up at the terminal after several delivery attempts (usually 3 by UPS, 2 by USPS), the order will be returned to us. You will be charged any fee we may incur for the return shipping and, if you ask us to re-ship, for the re-shipping charge.
Charge for Unauthorized Service
If you alter any shipping related services provided without prior authorization from us, you will be charged for the difference between what you paid us and what we were charged by the carrier.
AN EASY WAY TO AVOID CHARGES
Right after you place your online order, review your order and shipping instructions in the confirmation e-mail, then immediately send us corrections.
Service Charges are Not Refundable on Returns - Service Charges reflect our actual additional costs for shipping services that resulted from errors of the person placing the order, or from their authorization of chargeable Carrier services without our approval, so the charges are not refundable, even if any or all of the order is returned.